In Scoil na Tríonóide Naofa we strive to care for all our students and to promote connections with the local community of Doon and the surrounding parishes. We also strive to to promote the values of a wider community as part of the CEIST family of schools in Ireland. In living the CEIST Charter we promote:
- Spiritual and Human Development
- Achieving Quality in Teaching and Learning
- Showing Respect for Every Person
- Creating Community
- Being Just and Responsible
For further information about the CEIST check out http://www.ceist.ie
Our community work
Over the last number of years we have been involved in a number of community projects
- Visiting local nursing homes and care centres.
- Fundraising for local charities.
- Hosting our Christmas Carol Service in the local parish church and which we share with all the community.
- Our Christmas Fair this is a family day for everyone in the area and we encourage locals to exhibit their products and produce along with our students mini enterprises.
- Working with the local Community Council on project for the village including designing and painting a mural for the local play school.
- Providing our facilities for the use of local initiatives.
Our goals for the coming year
This year we would like to build on the projects we have been involved in to date. However we also hope that we can broaden our current engagement with the community in the following ways
- Encouraging the local primary schools to visit our school and explore some of the nature attraction we have here.
- Building links with local and national charities.
- Promote our involvement in initiatives with our Diocese of Cashel and Emily.